This upcoming Sunday (October 28, 2018) is Priesthood Sunday. The reason I know this is because the priest at my parish mentioned it and how the parish plans on celebrating it. And knowing that Priesthood Sunday is coming up, I thought it would be the perfect time to brag on some of my favorite priests.
I have five favorite priests that have helped me in some capacity over the past few years.
In order to protect their privacy and personal lives, I’m not going to share their names with you or where I know them from. But I am going to share how they have helped me over the years. Their help includes:
- Helping me during extremely difficult periods in my life.
- Answering any question I have, regardless of how stupid it may sound.
- Providing Reconciliation, even if it’s on extremely short notice.
- Providing other Sacraments.
- Being references for me on a variety of different things.
- Sharing life with me.
- Giving me some of the best advice I’ve ever received.
- Being themselves with me.
- Spiritual Direction.
- Occasional vocation direction.
- Being silly with me.
- Becoming family.
There are probably other places and situations where these men have helped me, but these are the main ones.
Why am I sharing this with you?
I’ve already mentioned that this upcoming Sunday is Priesthood Sunday, and I figured this would be the perfect time to brag about these wonderful men.
I think that these five men show that fantastic priests are still present in our Church. These five men also prove that priests are human just like the rest of us.
And that brings me to the next point.
And yet, they remain kind and loving. They probably enjoy sharing life with us. And one of the priests I know said he and another priest enjoy being priests.
So I have a challenge for you.
Be there for your priest(s). Pray for them. Thank them for what they do. Offer to help them if they need it.
And with that, I hope you have a good day!